Thursday, May 28, 2020

Lascours Lockdown, Day 75

Thursday, May 28th. Reopening Day 18.
After not much tooth pain for about twenty-four hours, it started up again yesterday towards the end of the day. Before bed, I took my allergy meds and my codeine/paracetemol pill (first one). I slept like a baby!
Tortoise check: still okay!
Work: Got an email confirmation this morning for an online training session on June 8th about using the university's online platform for grading homework and exams. For the past two years, I've been muddling through on my own. Now, I'm looking forward to learning how to use it more effectively. This morning, I started on correcting second-year translation exams. The third-year ones yesterday were mostly pretty good. Today, however, I've come across some really awful ones with sentences such as: "At five past eight, he was following the corridors of the Phocéen, sliding the glazed door close."; or "As the wagons were not to be taken off from the platform before a good half an hour, he decided, as he got off from the Annecy, to go for a coffee before “banging” the Phocéen." (oh, dear). I managed to get through ten out of fifteen.
Homemaking: Yeah,! After the past several loaves of sourdough bread which have barely risen, today's bread finally worked again. I used a larger quantity of sourdough than I have been using recently, plus I used the T80 flour and spelt flour I got at the organic market on Monday along with two colors of flax seed, mustard seed and poppy seed. Which of those things is responsible? Or is it the combination? I don't know, but I'm happy with the results.
Yoga: Unfortunately, Internet connection problems forced me back inside before the session even began today. But indoor yoga is still better than no yoga. Plus, I managed to shut Tiger outside so he couldn't bother me during the practice.
While Maëva had her Zoom dance session this aftternoon, Laureva went next door and I did some reading and various chores. Maëva started learning her Sleeping Beauty fairy dance for the end-of-year video that the teacher is hoping to shoot at the château in Parc Borely sometime next month.
It's Thursday, so Top Chef for the fam this evening and MMM for Jenny and I tonight.

0 comments: