Thursday, May 7th. Happy Birthday to Maëva's friend Timéo!
This morning when Tiger asked to be let out just before 6, Casimir showed up at the door, so there was a bit of a tussle. Casimir likes Tiger, but Tiger doesn't like him. Then, there was a mosquito buzzing around my head until I got up shortly after 7.
Maëva woke up in a bad mood. She'd had a nightmare about kidnappers taking her classmates and stuffing them into tiny squirrel holes way up in trees. She was quite upset about it.
Sophie called to talk to the girls while I was doing the exercise bike, so I took a break. Then, it was time for the girls to get down to their school work. At 10, Maëva had another videoconference with her teacher and friend Ella. They worked on the future tense in grammar, then symettry in geometry.
At lunch time, Maëva called Timéo to wish him a happy birthday. He wasn't very talkative. I think she mostly talked to his mom.
After lunch, Maëva helped Marie-Elisabeth get chard, spring onions, artichocke and cherries from the garden. The cherries have just started getting ripe this week.
It was quite warm today for yoga outside. I wore my sunglasses. I'd wanted to put sunscreen on my shoulders, but couldn't find any at short notice before going out. Tiger followed me out and made a nuisance of himself getting the the way of my feet for half the session. A breeze picked up halfway through which made the balance poses more challenging. Still quite enjoyable, though.
I spent most of my work time today preparing exams and exchanging with colleagues on the topic. We got confirmation today that we have to do them and they have to be ready by next Thursday at the latest, so time is of the essence.
A message from the Dean of Humanities today indicated that the university is exploring options for all or partial distance learning conditions in the Fall semester. They are still in the discussion phase.
While Maëva had her dance class, Laureva and I walked to the dumpsters to drop off garbage and recycling. On the way back, she picked a bouquet of wild flowers that she carefully arranged once we got home. After dance, Maëva was very excited about the "show" that's being organized. They're going to do a Sleeping Beauty scene and Maëva is going to dance the role of Flora. She's already covered a small branch with tin foil to make a wand and is talking about making a fairy hat as well . . .
As quiche and pasta were cooking, Laureva and I batted a birdie around with raquets. After a few minutes, we actually managed to get a couple 4 hit volleys! Then, it was bath time for sweaty girls.
It's Thursday, so looking forward to more MMM with Jenny this evening after leftover lasagna.
Sophie called to talk to the girls while I was doing the exercise bike, so I took a break. Then, it was time for the girls to get down to their school work. At 10, Maëva had another videoconference with her teacher and friend Ella. They worked on the future tense in grammar, then symettry in geometry.
At lunch time, Maëva called Timéo to wish him a happy birthday. He wasn't very talkative. I think she mostly talked to his mom.
After lunch, Maëva helped Marie-Elisabeth get chard, spring onions, artichocke and cherries from the garden. The cherries have just started getting ripe this week.
It was quite warm today for yoga outside. I wore my sunglasses. I'd wanted to put sunscreen on my shoulders, but couldn't find any at short notice before going out. Tiger followed me out and made a nuisance of himself getting the the way of my feet for half the session. A breeze picked up halfway through which made the balance poses more challenging. Still quite enjoyable, though.
I spent most of my work time today preparing exams and exchanging with colleagues on the topic. We got confirmation today that we have to do them and they have to be ready by next Thursday at the latest, so time is of the essence.
A message from the Dean of Humanities today indicated that the university is exploring options for all or partial distance learning conditions in the Fall semester. They are still in the discussion phase.
While Maëva had her dance class, Laureva and I walked to the dumpsters to drop off garbage and recycling. On the way back, she picked a bouquet of wild flowers that she carefully arranged once we got home. After dance, Maëva was very excited about the "show" that's being organized. They're going to do a Sleeping Beauty scene and Maëva is going to dance the role of Flora. She's already covered a small branch with tin foil to make a wand and is talking about making a fairy hat as well . . .
As quiche and pasta were cooking, Laureva and I batted a birdie around with raquets. After a few minutes, we actually managed to get a couple 4 hit volleys! Then, it was bath time for sweaty girls.
It's Thursday, so looking forward to more MMM with Jenny this evening after leftover lasagna.
2 comments:
Our little cherry tree had lots of blossoms this year, but I can't tell yet if it's going to make fruit.
Fingers crossed. I guess the season is a bit later for you.
Post a Comment