Saturday, May 23rd. Reopening Day 13.
After tortoise check and breakfast, the girls started out the morning designing clothes they'd like to sew themselves. Maëva came up with a quite elaborate butterfly dress that she wants Grandma to help her with!
While I finished making pizza, the girls and Sylvain went for a late morning swim. Water still at 21°C this morning, but warmed up to 23 by 4pm for the afternoon swim.
I put red pepper and green onion on my side of pizza for a change. Sylvain had anchovies and the girls cheese. However, as we are out of all but standard T55 flour, the crust is less tasty than usual.
Afternoon/evening activities included: reading, chores (Tanya), PTA stuff (Tanya), more organizing of clothes in the girls' room (Tanya), more swimming (girls and Sylvain), playing tablet games (girls), watercolors (girls), baking cookies and making sourdough (Tanya), watching Top Chef.
2 comments:
My shopping list this week included whole wheat flour, which Tom did not find at the store. He gave me a bag of white flour from his freezer. For rhubarb bread, I prefer 1/2 wheat & 1/2 white. Rhubarb is ready to cut so I may be enjoying the more dessert-like all-white version.
Maëva even commented last night at dinner that the pizza crust was bland. Monday, I'm going to stop by the organic market after my dentist appointment to see if I can get flours ...
Post a Comment