Saturday, May 16th. Reopening Day 6. Overcast day, but not cold.
I declined an invitation to girls' pizza lunch at a friend's house. I think I've already met my contact quota for week one of reopening. Plus, Saturday is pizza day at our house now!
After breakfast, I got out and set up the tepee the girls won at Bingo a year and a half ago. We put it out on the patio and they played in it for 1.5+ hours while I did spinning and started making pizza.
At one point, Laureva got freaked out by a millipede. I went out, found it and made her hold it in her hand. It took her a few seconds to stop hyperventilating and shaking, but I think the experiment was mostly successful. Their play got cut short when they felt some raindrops. We quickly brought everything inside so it wouldn't get wet and blow away. For the rest of the morning I made pizza and finished up the miscellaneous sewing projects that had been piling up. Maeva used my white HP laptop to type up the menu for a birthday meal she's planning for Marie-Elisabeth. Laureva used my black Asus laptop to continue working on her Paisley story. Then, right before lunch, the girls were working on coloring a compass rose drawn by Maeva. I remember that being a favorite activity at one point in my childhood, as well.
Miscellaneous chores this afternoon. Got our income taxes filed. Looked on Expedia for information about cancelling flights. It says to wait to apply for refunds for travel scheduled after May 31st. So I guess I'll check back in June. The girls went out to pick cherries with Marie-Elisabeth and then stayed outside to play.
At a quarter to six, I headed down to the dumpsters to drop off a bag of garbage. I came across Fred and Vincent who were out walking Harikana. On the way back up the drive, I picked some dandelion greens for the tortoises.
At one point, Laureva got freaked out by a millipede. I went out, found it and made her hold it in her hand. It took her a few seconds to stop hyperventilating and shaking, but I think the experiment was mostly successful. Their play got cut short when they felt some raindrops. We quickly brought everything inside so it wouldn't get wet and blow away. For the rest of the morning I made pizza and finished up the miscellaneous sewing projects that had been piling up. Maeva used my white HP laptop to type up the menu for a birthday meal she's planning for Marie-Elisabeth. Laureva used my black Asus laptop to continue working on her Paisley story. Then, right before lunch, the girls were working on coloring a compass rose drawn by Maeva. I remember that being a favorite activity at one point in my childhood, as well.
Miscellaneous chores this afternoon. Got our income taxes filed. Looked on Expedia for information about cancelling flights. It says to wait to apply for refunds for travel scheduled after May 31st. So I guess I'll check back in June. The girls went out to pick cherries with Marie-Elisabeth and then stayed outside to play.
At a quarter to six, I headed down to the dumpsters to drop off a bag of garbage. I came across Fred and Vincent who were out walking Harikana. On the way back up the drive, I picked some dandelion greens for the tortoises.
Back home, I sat down with a beer to write a letter. It was soon time to get dinner ready.

0 comments:
Post a Comment