Saturday, May 2nd. Happy Birthday to Sam Goodman and Guillaume Bauer!! Birthday phone call with Guillaume this morning. He called after receiving our text message.
The girls played downstairs on their tablet while I did the exercise bike. Then I mixed up the pizza dough and we continued work on the photo book while the dough rested for an hour. When it was time for me to make pizza, the girls went outside to play, but not before Sylvain taught Laureva to tie her shoe laces. Laureva finished off the morning by harvesting our sorb apples and planting her strawberry seeds in a little glass yogurt cup. We'll see whether anything happens . . .
After rest/reading time, we finished the photo book and ordered it. It's supposed to arrive May 22nd in plenty of time for La Fête des Pères on June 21st! Then, the girls wanted to look for one book each to give Sylvain for Father's Day as well. When Laureva told me about her idea this morning, she said she wanted to pay with her own money. However, I don't think I'll ask them to. We found two books on the local Cultura store website that they will all three be able to enjoy together. One about the French republic written by President Hollande that Sylvain had been meaning to get for the girls. Another about big cats.
About a week ago, I received a message from Expedia about canceling our HNL to SFO United flight free of charge before April 30th. We accepted the offer. This afternoon, I continued the slightly depressing task of canceling summer travel reservations by canceling the Honolulu Air BnB. I haven't received any information about our other flights yet which are with different airlines (American and British). However, from the information posted on Expedia, it seems like I should just wait to hear . . . No rush, I guess.
Saturday, May 2, 2020
Lascours Lockdown, Day 48
During dinner, conversation led to my teaching the girls a fine piece of American culture: "___ and ___ sitting in a tree, K I S S I N G. First, comes love. Then, comes marriage. Then, comes the baby in the baby carriage."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment