Monday, May 4, 2020

Lascours Lockdown, Day 50

Monday, May 4th. Saint Sylvain. Maëva presented her dad with a poem and Laureva gave him a picture she'd drawn.

Girls not up until shortly before 8. I wondered whether they'd turned their lights off at 9pm as instructed. However, they swore they had. Just tired, I guess. Saturday, at Maëva's request, we put in place a new bedtime protocol. Once Sylvain has read to the girls (usually anywhere from 8:30 to 8:45), instead of lights out right away, they can now read on their own until 9pm when they are to turn their lights out themselves. The first go-round on Saturday was less than successful. I had to go down at 9:23 and reprimand them for excessive noise and lights still on. Last night seems to have gone better. We'll try it again tonight.
This morning, I printed off Maëva's weekly school work. She has two math tests to do this week.
In addition to a bit of translation correcting, I spent a lot of time today working on getting my teaching schedule in order for next year. After several back and forths, I finally managed to get something approved that I think should be better than this year. I have exactly half of my hours each semester and no overtime at all. I've dropped two classes (one per semester) and taken on two new classes first semester which was my lighter semester this year. So, I'll have the same number of yearly preps, but they'll be more equally spread out. I teach several different sophomore translation and litearature classes so I may end up with Jenny's son Ben in class next year. Jenny would like that. Not so sure about Ben.
A bit of lunchtime drama was had. Maëva-the-mealtime-fidgeter was rocking back and forth in her chair. She slipped and banged her chin on the table. Her teeth cut into her flesh on the inside. Lots of crying. I had to get Bashy Hippo from the freezer for her chin and Oragel for her wound. She declared she wasn't hungry anymore and went to rest on the couch. However, by the end of lunch, she'd started feeling well enough to ask for a dish of applesauce and a chocolate. When I asked whether she'd be able to eat a chocolate, she said that she thought she'd be able to suck on it. Apparently, her mental capacities were unimpaired.
Yoga outdoors today. It was quite warm. I'm going to have to start wearing sunglasses and sunscreen.
Got an email today from British Airways about getting a voucher for our scheduled summer flights. I guess waiting for information was the right way to go.
After snack, the girls went outside for more roller blading. Laureva has graduated to a larger pair and seems to be doing quite well now. While they did that, I went down to the veranda to start getting my half of the PTA orders sorted out. I got about halfway through, so still more to do.

0 comments: