Sunday, May 3rd. Sunny, warm spring day.
Following breakfast, I made sweet potato muffins while the girls rewatched two episodes of Just Add Magic. Next, the girls worked on pictures for Sylvain (whose fête is tomorrow) then went downstairs to play tablet while I exercised. After, they went next door to work on a project and I went for a walk to deliver sorb apples and various other things to Fred. On the way, I ran into some other neighbors and chatted for a few minutes. While I was out, I noticed the fig trees are full of fruit. It should be getting ripe in a couple weeks or so and we'll have lots of yummy figs to eat.
Leftovers for lunch. Meanwhile, I got butter out to warm up so I can make crust then quiche for the girls' supper.
This afternoon, the girls went outside. I also sat outside for a bit enjoying the warm sun and a cup of tea. Maëva did some journaling in the sun while Laureva played in the dirt. Then, they both got out their roller blades. I moved the cars down to the carport so they could have more room. Unfortunately, the bowl of popcorn I made for snack got blown nearly full off the table and most of the popcorn was spoiled. We had to pick it up and throw it away to prevent it from getting ground into the astroturf.
While the girls played, I made a ginger curry mushroom quiche (for me and Sylvain) and a ham quiche (for the girls). I also washed and roasted the garden potatoes the girls harvested with Marie-Elisabeth a couple days ago. At some point, Fred stopped by to pick up my last bag of freezer zucchini to put in the couscous she's making for dinner. She also dropped off the items for half the elementary school hand towel orders. I noticed yesterday that the treasurer had cashed our checks. Now that we know that school won't be starting again this year in any traditional fashion, we need to figure out a way to get the orders out to families. However, first we have to prepare them. We decided we'd each tackle half.
Now, the girls are all squeaky clean after their bath and we're looking forward to calling everyone for a hangout.
This afternoon, the girls went outside. I also sat outside for a bit enjoying the warm sun and a cup of tea. Maëva did some journaling in the sun while Laureva played in the dirt. Then, they both got out their roller blades. I moved the cars down to the carport so they could have more room. Unfortunately, the bowl of popcorn I made for snack got blown nearly full off the table and most of the popcorn was spoiled. We had to pick it up and throw it away to prevent it from getting ground into the astroturf.
While the girls played, I made a ginger curry mushroom quiche (for me and Sylvain) and a ham quiche (for the girls). I also washed and roasted the garden potatoes the girls harvested with Marie-Elisabeth a couple days ago. At some point, Fred stopped by to pick up my last bag of freezer zucchini to put in the couscous she's making for dinner. She also dropped off the items for half the elementary school hand towel orders. I noticed yesterday that the treasurer had cashed our checks. Now that we know that school won't be starting again this year in any traditional fashion, we need to figure out a way to get the orders out to families. However, first we have to prepare them. We decided we'd each tackle half.
Now, the girls are all squeaky clean after their bath and we're looking forward to calling everyone for a hangout.
0 comments:
Post a Comment